1766 Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity, located at 31 S. Duke Street, Lancaster, PA, is a beautiful example of 18th century brick Georgian architecture.
The congregation first formed in a small stone church in 1730. The present church, started in 1761, was completed in 1766.
Trinity Church has one of the most complete archives in the United States. The archives include church records of marriages, baptisms, and burials.
Records earlier than 1825 are recorded in old German script. Many have since been translated into English.
Many fine stained glass windows grace the church. One was created by Louis Comfort Tiffany himself in 1913! It was restored in 1990. The photos of the spire were taken from an upper story of the Duke Street municipal parking garage.
Brian Schulman offers expert real estate representation for buyers and sellers of homes in Lancaster County, PA. To learn more, visit http://www.FindLancasterHomes.com/
Interested in Receiving Information on Local Lancaster County Events?