If General Motors had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1) For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a week.
2) Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3) Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.
4) Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause you car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5) Apple would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable and twice as easy to drive, but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6) The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.
7) The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
8) Every time GM introduced a new car, buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
9) Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door-handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
Brian Schulman offers expert real estate representation for buyers and sellers of homes in Lancaster County, PA. To learn more, visit http://www.FindLancasterHomes.com/
Interested in Receiving Information on Local Lancaster County Events?